Only 10% of the North American trucking and supply chain market is currently outsourced. However, fleet owners and shippers who are still managing these functions on their own are facing an increasing range of challenges.
- An aging North American fleet is forcing businesses to begin a new vehicle replacement cycle.
- The cost and complexity of complying with government regulations such as EPA mandated engine technology changes and CSA continues to increase.
- Volatile energy prices make it difficult for businesses to predict and manage transportation costs.
- The continued tight credit market continues to limit access to capital.
- Dynamic sourcing strategies continue to increase the complexity of managing supply chains.
- Attracting and retaining qualified professional drivers continues to be a significant challenge.
With a legacy of innovation, and more than 80 years refining its business model, Ryder is better positioned than ever to take advantage of these trends and the resulting increased demand for the company’s services.